Here is the link to the Article - http://www.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/public/pr/pr-m31-en.html
In our galaxy, the Milky Way, studies of the distributions of carbon monoxide have been carried out for a long time. Astronomers find enough cold gas for star formation during millions of years to come. The thing I find so interesting about Astronomy is that although we have so much research and data in the field there are still so many unanswered questions and discoveries to be made. One unanswered question is how did this raw material of molecular gas come to exist in the first place?
Something that confused me was the number of stars in the Milky way Galaxy, some sources say that the Milky Way consists of 100 billion stars others say that the MASS of our galaxy is roughly 100 billion times the mass of the sun, I will answer my questions in the next blog. On a personal note I think that the wonders of the galaxy are so fascinating, to think how small we are in comparison to the universe is amazing. So many people look up at the stars and think that they are just little things shinning in the night but in all actuality it is a huge ball of gas way bigger than the earth.
Good job, but I need a link to the article for a point.
ReplyDelete