Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it to Boyertown to watch the Transit, so
I went to the campus to watch it. When I arrived everyone was in line to watch
it through the telescope but sadly, the conditions were too cloudy, so we
watched it on TV which was projected in the classroom. We started at 6:05 and
watched for an hour. I downloaded the app on my cell phone but it wasn’t able
to install because of a program on the app. The Transit is when Venus crosses
through the face of the sun, the next time this will happen in on my birthday
August 21st in 2017. The Venus sun began at 6:00 p.m and will roughly end
around 12:50 a.m. A transit of Venus is the observed passage of the planet
across the disk of the sun. The planet Venus, orbiting the sun, catches up to
and passes the slower earth. Venus, appearing as a small dot in the foreground,
will move from left to right across the sun. The word “transit” means passage
or movement—in this case, across the face of the sun. The transit officially
begins when the leading edge of Venus first touched the solar disk, an event
astronomers call "Contact I" or "Ingress exterior" I drew a
picture but I also have one to add to this blog, it is a picture of the transit in New York City. Also I wrote a short poem for the assignment...
When Venus crosses through the face of the sun,
this is an Astronomical event for everyone.

The transit of Venus, I wish I seen it –
In real life but it was to cloudy
So all in all that was lousy
But luckily we were able to watch it on T.V
Because from the telescope we couldn’t see
Things like this don’t happen that often
But when they do it’s important to watch them
Its history in the making, we should all take part
from the very end and the very start.
The Transit of Venus is truly a sight to see
People from all over the world come to be.
It is sure to be an amazing sight...
If they can see it in Hawaii - book me a flight!
The poem says it all!
ReplyDelete